- Pure Powder
- Vegetarian Substitute for Gelatin
Agar is a naturally gelatinous powder derived from marine red algae. It's the perfect vegetarian substitute for beef gelatin in any food application, and makes an excellent thickener for soups, jellies, ice cream and more.
Item #ZZ6411 (5oz)
Ingredients: Agar-Agar Powder.
Agar can be used as a vegan substitute for gelatin's functional properties.
- In a small pot, place 1/2 teaspoon of NOW Real Food® Agar Powder into 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add desired fruits or vegetables.
- Pour into mold and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Partial Disclaimer: The product packaging you receive may be different than pictured here. In addition, it may contain information that differs from that shown here. Please review the product package before consuming and do not rely only on the details shown here, especially – but not limited to – ingredients and allergens. For more information, please see our full disclaimer.