Agave is a mild delicious syrup that is ideal for sweetening beverages, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, yogurt, cereal and more. It is also great in smoothies, iced tea, or cocktails as it dissolves quickly in cold beverages. Agave is easy to bake with as well. Try it wherever you would use a tabletop sugar.
- Use 3/4 of a cup agave to replace 1 cup refined sugar, then adjust to your own personal taste
- Reduce other liquids in the recipe by 30%
- Cook lower and slower: reduce the baking temperature by 25°F and bake a little longer
Agave is low glycemic with a glycemic index of 39 or less. You get natural sweetness without the blood sugar spike.
- The sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar so less is needed
- Agave is non-crystallizing and dissolves quickly in hot or cold beverages. No refrigeration is required.
- Agave is naturally gluten-free, suitable for vegans, and Non-GMO Project Verified